Solved Load table information unto 12 tabs when a combo box item is selected (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:52
P.S. I don't like using the wizards.

At first, I didn't either. However, the wizards are not the end of the story. They might be just the beginning. They pre-fabricate the basics - underline BASICS - of common but tedious tasks you want to do. So they build a little bit of code. But just because a wizard built it doesn't mean you cannot come back and customize it. Treat a wizard like any other tool in the tool kit. Just learn WHEN to use it - and wnen not to do so - and you will find you have another useful and quick way to get started on something that is often rather tedious.

SaranPriya-7954

Local time
Today, 11:52
At first, I didn't either. However, the wizards are not the end of the story. They might be just the beginning. They pre-fabricate the basics - underline BASICS - of common but tedious tasks you want to do. So they build a little bit of code. But just because a wizard built it doesn't mean you cannot come back and customize it. Treat a wizard like any other tool in the tool kit. Just learn WHEN to use it - and wnen not to do so - and you will find you have another useful and quick way to get started on something that is often rather tedious.

I understand what you are saying. I just used it to create a list from a table. It was completed within seconds. Now I am trying to see if I can use colors to distinguish if a task is new (active), pending or completed off of a datasheet view. Wish me luck!

I am thinking once information is tagged as Active, the whole row of data, either background or text color should change to red.

Pending status = Yellow
Completed = Green

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:52
For this selective tagging or a whole row, you might wish to consider the topic "Conditional Formatting" - and you should be able to look that up in this forum. If looking outside the forum, make the lookup "Conditional Formatting in Access" since other presentation programs might use that term differently.

If you do the search I told you, this one pops up pretty quickly but there are more such references than just this one.

SaranPriya-7954

Local time
Today, 11:52
For this selective tagging or a whole row, you might wish to consider the topic "Conditional Formatting" - and you should be able to look that up in this forum. If looking outside the forum, make the lookup "Conditional Formatting in Access" since other presentation programs might use that term differently.

If you do the search I told you, this one pops up pretty quickly but there are more such references than just this one.
I was successful in using the conditional formatting. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom