loading images for a array (1 Viewer)

MIkeD666

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:28
Hi all I have a form , on which i wish to add a number of images during run time

I am using a image type to show the images. As they will be a lot of images to pick from, I am storing the images on the a drive, and have a table with the address of each image. ( this is to save loading all images in tables). This way I only load the images need when need and have stored the image address in a table

I want to add image elements on the fly depending on the number of images that meet a criteria for example. Some image are given a name that equals the staff id. I want to display a staff image if the enddate < the year 2019. I select the number of images that meet the criteria, normally between 10 and 50.
i a make an array of files name, I then what to make a array of image types so I can them load each found image into the image type

And show then on a form. I hope this make sense

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 06:28
I would think this will be verrrry slow loading.
I suggest running code that builds the Image list in HTML, then display the page via browser.
Mine runs much faster that way.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
What kind of form is this? If single record, no need to load a lot of images as you'd alter the image control picture property in the form current event. However, it sounds like you might be using a continuous form which is something I've never tried with an image control. Or are you saying you'd have multiple image controls on the same single form?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
I am using a image type to show the images. As they will be a lot of images to pick from, I am storing the images on the a drive, and have a table with the address of each image. ( this is to save loading all images in tables). This way I only load the images need when need and have stored the image address in a tabl

If you are storing the images on the drive (as you should) this sounds whacked to me. Unnecessary amount of work, even if it is possible. If it is a continuous form it is not. Just use a bound image control and NO code. Will work in single or continuous form
I want to display a staff image if the enddate < the year 2019
So you will need a table with the criteria to meet, and the path (or just name) to the image. Normally just a name is saved and then in a settings table you store the folder location and you concatenate, so this can be updated when things move. All of this is done with a simple query and NO code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom