Login Form... (1 Viewer)

cjmitton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:53
I'm setting up a database and have made a rather large mistake!

I've completely forgotten about a 'login' feature to pick up user details... Before you all have a go! I know I'm kicking myself enough already. I have a employee table with all various information and can add a login ID and Password field for but could you please aim me towards any good resources which will show me how to keep the 'login' details in the back ground please.

My initial thought was to create a login form to open when the app opens, then create a form to sit in the background with username / date / access level athen to load my 'home' form where they access all the relevent features of the application.

If this is a valid option whats my way forward or am I barking up the wrong tree!

Thanks

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
I personally prefer this concept that allows users to see forms based upon a preset level of permissions. There is no log in. However permissions are determined based upon the user identity with in the system.

If a person opens the db that is not a designated user, then all they would see was a blank menu. No where to click except to close the form and access.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248191

Alan

cjmitton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:53
Thanks for that Alan, That will work great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom