Long text as default value for memo field (1 Viewer)

mlozano

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:20
Hi
In my table "quote" I have a memo field which contains the general terms of sale. Of course this includes a few paragraphs such as:

- VAT not included in sale price.
- Delivery time: 15 days after order confirmation
- Delivery in one point is included in price.
- Order cancellations will not be accepted after order confirmation:
- Claims over delivered product must be placed no later than 15 days after the order delivery.

I have tried to paste this text in the default value propertu of this field. For some reason, only the last paragraph will be pasted.

I need these terms to be preloaded for every new quote, so that the user can edit them from the NewQuote form.

I would appreciate if any of you can suggest how to make this text the default field value, or how to insert this via a button on the form.

many thanks for your help, any hint will be greatly appreciated.

editolis

Panathinaikos Fun
Local time
Today, 20:20
I am guessing that you trying to copy the 'memo field' when you have opened the 'zoom box'. I see that bug only on access 2007.

The best solution is to mark the total field with your mouse and then use the ctrl+c to COPY and then paste it with ctrl+V.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:20
1. how are you embedding the paragraph breaks in your default text? - that may be the problem.

2. one way to do this is to hard code the text, and populate it in the forminsert event - ithis will do the same as setting a default value, and may be easier to maintain.

3. or even store the text in an external file, and read it in when you need it - but more work, but probably more flexible.

mlozano

Registered User.
Local time
Gemma
I think the problem may relate to the paragraph breaks - I worte the text in a txt file and then copied and pasted it into the "Default value" property of the memo field in Table Design view.
Is there a way to "write" paragraph braks that will enable me to paste the entire text ?

Thanks

mlozano

Registered User.
Local time
Oops sorry Dave, I just read about your dog :)

Walter vom Saal

Local time
Today, 13:20
This worked for me: to get a carriage return / line feed (new paragraph) use the html command <p>. The following worked to get three headings in boldface with lines between them [and entries by the user NOT in boldface because the </strong> command turns the boldface off]: DEFAULT VALUE = "<strong>(1) Heading One</strong><p><p><strong>(2) Heading Two</strong><p><p><strong>Heading Three</strong><p>"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom