Looping through subforms (1 Viewer)

yahoo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:34
Hi there

I'm hoping to hear some good ideas not necessary a ready solution. Discussion would do :)

First column of mainform consists of links(strategies' names) opening a subform for each row(strategy). Clicking first will open the subform attached

Than from subform I can send current strategy to the MS Word template. What Im looking for is a way to somehow loop strategies in main form to print lets say whole batch.
So technically it could look like for each strategy in batch 5 open subform, run printing macro, go back to mainform, next...

Attachments

• mainform.PNG
    mainform.PNG
    56.5 KB · Views: 102
  • subform.PNG
    subform.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 104

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Today, 05:34
I would think since you have a 1:M relationship, then it would be a simple matter of from the main form, have a button to generate Word files for the selected entry's children, have that execute a query to search for children associated with that parent, then loop through the result set generating a Word file for each.

yahoo

Registered User.
Local time
that would mean redoing the whole export to word code which is really complicated. I'd rather avoid it ;)
If i do this, I would write a new separate printing macro(looping (ADODB.Recordset) through strategies from current (user input))batch. I hope there could be a smarter way...

mdlueck

Local time
that would mean redoing the whole export to word code which is really complicated.

Then I would find a way to make that export to word a bit more generic / dynamic so that it may be called many times to create the necessary documents.

yahoo

Registered User.
Local time
So all I need to do is change references from me.form... to current 'byVal strategy' and call exportToWord macro for every run
thx

mdlueck

Local time
If it means that in your code, then yes sounds like a plan. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom