making a sub-form read only (1 Viewer)

Paulp

Local time
Today, 10:10
I am using A97, and have set up a subform to display any records that match a certain field. When the records are displayed in the subform, my users can edit those records. I would like this subform to be read-only. Any help would be appreciated.
paul

DMC

Registered User.
Local time
Change your subform to design view and select the controls (fields) you want to be read only, then within their properties change the 'Data Locked' property to 'Yes'. This should achieve the result you want. Hope this is of some help.

Paulp

Local time
This did help... My users cannot change any of the records in the sub-form, but they are still able to delete a record. Any suggestions?

Paul

DMC

Registered User.
Local time
If you look within the Data properties section (where you made your previous changes) there are two more fields (allow deletions) & (allow addtitions) try changing their properties to NO and this should stop the users adding and deleting records.

DMC

Registered User.
Local time
With reference to above reply, this is the properties of the Form as a whole not the individual controls. So you need to amend the Form Properties. This should sort it all out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom