Making Invoice (2 Viewers)

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:32
Hi,

I need to create an invoice; however, I have never made one before. I wonder if any one could recommend tutorial or website please?

Thanks in advance,
B

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 20:32
Assuming that the invoice is made thru Access, you might try this :

http://www.aadconsulting.com/dldopcde.html

Go to "Service Call management" and download the Dbase. Examples of invoices are in there.

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for that. I am actually looking for an invoice that shows a timesheet. For example: hours worked each day, rate, total...etc

I would appreciate an example database that prints the invoice as a reprot.
Thanks.
B

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Always do an invoice with a unique invoice number. Therefore when you go to do your books you can put it in and if you client or the taxman wants to know about something you can find it easily.

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
dt01pqt said:
Always do an invoice with a unique invoice number. Therefore when you go to do your books you can put it in and if you client or the taxman wants to know about something you can find it easily.

Good idea. I am creating a work invoice database that shows all the hours worked, but I am stuck with how to link the tables company, invoice, and timesheet.
Company table is for storing company name, address...etc
Timesheet table for storing day, shiftStart, shiftFinish, date.
Invoice for storing invoiceNo, dateSent, Cost, datePaid...etc.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
B

Last edited:

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Bee said:
Good idea. I am creating a work invoice database that shows all the hours worked, but I am stuck with how to link the tables company, invoice, and timesheet.
Company table is for storing company name, address...etc
Timesheet table for storing day, shiftStart, shiftFinish, date.
Invoice for storing invoiceNo, dateSent, Cost, datePaid...etc.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
B

With a single company you will have one to many relationship with time sheet entries and invoices.

I'm not quite sure of your system though. How many time sheet entries per invoice? Are you trying to put the hours you/they worked on a specific job?

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
dt01pqt said:
With a single company you will have one to many relationship with time sheet entries and invoices.

I'm not quite sure of your system though. How many time sheet entries per invoice? Are you trying to put the hours you/they worked on a specific job?
Yes. In day field on timesheet tbl, there will be the day they worked (e.g. Mon..etc)

I am wanting to list the hours a worker does and multiply them by their rate. On the invoice, it should show like this:
Day Shift Start Shift Finished
Mon 9:00 17:00
Tue 10:00 13:00
...etc

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Bee said:
Yes. In day field on timesheet tbl, there will be the day they worked (e.g. Mon..etc)

I am wanting to list the hours a worker does and multiply them by their rate. On the invoice, it should show like this:
Day Shift Start Shift Finished
Mon 9:00 17:00
Tue 10:00 13:00
...etc
Yeh but an invoice is usually for a specific job or product coming in or out of the company. If can just be declared as your workers wages you still need to record it but it isn't about invoices you just have a payroll, and payslips otherwise you are creating unnecessary work for yourself. Apologies if I'm not getting it but I need to know what is going to be on the invoices, be specific.

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
dt01pqt said:
Yeh but an invoice is usually for a specific job or product coming in or out of the company. If can just be declared as your workers wages you still need to record it but it isn't about invoices you just have a payroll, and payslips otherwise you are creating unnecessary work for yourself. Apologies if I'm not getting it but I need to know what is going to be on the invoices, be specific.
You are right.
However, this invoice is about sub-contracting for doing only one job and the reason i want to include shifts worked is because the company paying the invoice may want further details.

Hope this explains.

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
I have another question concerning invoices. Is it necessary to include your tax date/number in the invoice sheet?

statsman

Local time
Today, 14:32
I have four different invoice templates in Word.
The reason is simple, depending on the project I may charge by the hour, by the team (league stats), by the project or "other".

The only problem is keeping the invoice numbers in sequence.

Good Luck.

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Bee said:
I have another question concerning invoices. Is it necessary to include your tax date/number in the invoice sheet?

What is required to be stated on your invoice is determined by tax regulations.
Which differ from country to country, perhaps even from state by state (USA)
You better consult someone who's familiar on this rather specific area.
Or ask around in you company, or search on Internet.

What is quite common though is that your invoice number need to be gapless and sequential.
Which rewuires you to define your own sequence.
Do not use an autonumber.

As for your question on shifts, an invoice is build up by to parts.
First one is the header.
It states common data, such as customer details (name, address), invoice date, invoice number, customer reference number.
Second one is the lines.
It states what you supplied per service / article.
Lines include data such as article number, description, quantity, price per unit, tax code, tax amount.

You normally totalize the line amounts and tax amounts, split up per tax code, on the footer of your invoice.
Also, you would state your payment terms, chamber of commerce number in a footer.
Again, how and what is driven by the tax regulations that apply to you.

RV

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
RV said:
What is quite common though is that your invoice number need to be gapless and sequential.
Tell that to carphone warehouse/O2. Knowing that they sold me the package because I wanted to claim the remissions available after the 4th, 8th and 12th invoice to arrive they cheekily put invoice # 5 on the 4th to arrive. So the invoice I received so far are 1,2,3 and 5.

I know of no law that states that you need and invoice number at all, just that you records be complete and with dates. It is quite common to get invoices with alfa numeric codes instead of numbers and those can be randomly generated. So long those numbers are unique.

But in the above instance I think it is done to deliberately mislead, so I would think I have missed the remission offer. I'm thinking of writing to trading standards about it. I'm expecting the remission to come through as it states the 4th invoice to arrive. If it doesn't I really will be angry.

Back to the question what goes on the invoice need to be specific to that invoice. If I were you I would keep my tax number seperate, not that putting on there would be wrong.

Last edited:

RV

Registered User.
Local time
I know of no law that states that you need and invoice number at all

It's legally required in European countries.

RV

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
RV said:
It's legally required in European countries.

RV
Can you send invoices if you are not registered with the tax man yet? If so, will you get into any trouble?

This is in the EU.

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Bee said:
Can you send invoices if you are not registered with the tax man yet? If so, will you get into any trouble?
Bee,

there's no straight forward answer.
It depends.
Contact your local tax authorities and ask.

RV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom