Manage Users and Permissions (1 Viewer)

Cotty42

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:16
I have a database which I have set up to manage users and permissions using the user level security wizard to set up users for a specific database.

The issue I have is that it has now set user level restrictions on all of my databases, not just the one I wanted it on.

Have I done something wrong and, if so, can I correct it. I have tried restoring the .bak file created during the process but it hasn't worked, I still get prompted to login.

Thanks in anticipation of your usual prompt advice and solutions.

Dave

MarvinM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:16
Hi Dave,

The user level security wizard went away in A2007, so you must have an older version. I didn't do much work in A2003, but can you try using the user level security wizard to remove the security? Or, go to User and Group Accounts to change the password to "". Remember that there are user passwords and a database Logon password.

Windows 8 Professional, MS Access 2013
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post has helped you, please click the scales or click the 'Thumbs up'. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cotty42

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:16
Hi Marvin

Thanks for your advice. Although I run A2010 a lot of the DB's are in 2003 format for compatibility across other machines.

Apparently the security wizard set up a user level access with my account on all other FE DB's on my PC (I don't know why!) - I deleted the user account in the permissions tab and alll is now back to normal. Thankfully it didnt affect any of the other users who all have their own FE applications or the BE applications - just my development FE.

Thanks
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom