Marginal Memory Problem (1 Viewer)

StephenS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:00
I am having a problem getting reports to remember their margin settings. My settings are a bit unusual (.4" top and bottom and .5" left and right). Typically, every time I start the application fresh, I have to reset the margins in Page Setup from their defaults. This often happens even if I previously saved the report with my settings. So how do I get a report to remember its margin settings every time?

(I've considered using "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup" but have not found a way to make it work - there doesn't seem to be a way to set margins in code.)

One other question that is related to the first... What is the best way to print addresses on business envelopes?

Thanks for the Help!

StephenS

ElsVanMiert

Registered User.
Local time
This is a real bug in ACCESS:
You have to switch OFF the Autocorrect function in the Options Menu.

StephenS

Registered User.
Local time
ElsVanMiert, Thanks for the info. It does seem to be a bug. I was able to minimize the problem by not changing the application into an MDE file. By keeping it as an MDB file, it did not need the margins corrected every time - it was only an occasional annoyance. Not sure why! But I went ahead and changed Autocorrect on the options menu.

StephenS

A

andy_frack

I was looking for some answers with my problem similar to that of StephenS and I came across your post message.
I tried unchecking the checkbox of <Track Name AutoCorrect Info> & <Perform Name AutoCorrect> but still I get the same annoying result - changed Page Setup details to default. 1",1",1",1" & orientation in Portrait.
I need my reports to have exact 0.8", 0.2", 0.25", 0.25" margin and orientation in Landscape.
What should I do? Hope you can help me.

deekras

Registered User.
Local time
i was able to get my margins corrected by changing the defaults in Optins/ General. I can't seem to get the default of orientation to be portrait instead of landscape.

any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom