Mass E-mails? (1 Viewer)

LHolden

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:28
Hello everyone, and thank you in advance for your time and help.

Just ahead of time, I am using both access and outlook 2007

I'm currently building a database for a company, and something that has been requested is confusing me to no end. The users would like to be able to send mass e-mails, but they want to be able to customize who the recipients of these e-mails are. For example, there is one table which contains information about agents, including their e-mails, and they want to go in and pick something like 10 agents to receive a specific e-mail. I know how to get access to extract a single e-mail address (into outlook), but I cannot figure out how to get it to extract multiple e-mail addresses without associating them with a larger group ahead of time (thus making the lists standardized, and not very flexible from the user end).

Is there a way to get this mass e-mailing to work?

Thanks again!

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 10:28
You could display the list of potential e-mail recipients to your users in a listbox and set the Multi-select property of that listbox to "Simple". This will allow the user to select any number of recipients. You would then just need to use VBA code to read each selected value and return the email address for each recipient.

Hop this helps.

LHolden

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:28
Thanks a lot for the list box tip Mr. B, I just have a couple of questions regarding it (I'm pretty new to Access). Firstly, is there a way to filter the list box? For example, my fields in the list box are agent | agency | e-mail. Could I create a combo box (or something similar) to filter by agency? Secondly, once I have this set up, I have no idea how I would go about coding the VBA to return the addresses. As is, I would need it to give access the e-mails in the format of email1; email2; email3;... etc. and then I could put those into the 'To:' field of a send object command.

Thanks so much for your help

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 10:28
You can use a query and provide criteria in the query that will filter your list box.

As for the VBA coding, try using Google and this forum and you should be able to find code that will help. I will admit that this can and will be the most difficult part for you if you do not know VBA. However, with that said, just keep in mind that you have to work out one thing at a time. You can ask questions here and someone will be glad to try to assist you.

Thanks a lot for the list box tip Mr. B, I just have a couple of questions regarding it (I'm pretty new to Access). Firstly, is there a way to filter the list box? For example, my fields in the list box are agent | agency | e-mail. Could I create a combo box (or something similar) to filter by agency? Secondly, once I have this set up, I have no idea how I would go about coding the VBA to return the addresses. As is, I would need it to give access the e-mails in the format of email1; email2; email3;... etc. and then I could put those into the 'To:' field of a send object command.

Thanks so much for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom