Me again... (1 Viewer)

Sean25

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:27
Hey, I'm back. After taking an extended break, hoping to realize the error of my ways, I now find myself more frustrated than ever at my lack of progress, I turn once again to those more versed than me in the hopes of finding an answer...

Yadda yadda.

So, here's what I'm doing.

I'm trying to pass an entered item number to a query, and have the query return that item's info to the form. Sounds simple, but for some reason, I know I'm just missing the dumbest link.

What I have is an unbound form that becomes bound to the query after the item number is entered, and the ItemNumberEntry field is exited. What I can't seem to get is how to pass the entered item field from the form to the query in order for the query to return that item's data. How, do I tell the query to use the Form.ItemNumberEntry field's number in the query's criteria box for the Item number? Or Conversely, how do I using the code in the Exit declaration for the ItemEntry box, tell the query that this boxes contents are equal to the query's Part Number?

I hope what I'm asking is understandable. I've been ill, and can't wrap my head around much lately, but this project has been dawdling too long.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

S.

AlanS

Registered User.
Local time
To use the value of a form control as a query criteria, refer to it like this:

[Forms]![MyForm]![MyControl]

Sean25

Registered User.
Local time
AlanS said:
To use the value of a form control as a query criteria, refer to it like this:

[Forms]![MyForm]![MyControl]

Thanks. The only thing I was missing was the second '!' I had a '.' in there, instead.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom