Me.Requery - not sure where to put this code (1 Viewer)

Bentleybelle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:55
A user yesterday informed me I need a me.requery. I have a form with tabbed pages. First page I complete details of clients - second page goes into more detail. On second page I have a combo box listing all clients in alpha order. I want to get the new client I have just completd on first page into that combo box without having to close and re-open form. Does this code go against combo box, or page? Is there anything I need to add to this code, like form name? Have tried in various ways without success.

Rickster57

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:55
Client

You can requery the combo box itself by putting the requery statement in the After Update property of the Client name field.

Bentleybelle

Registered User.
Local time
Still nor working. Sorry for appearing a thickie! Does this go against the combo box itself on the second page, or against the text box on the first page where the client name is first entered? Do I need to name the combo box/text box in the statement?

Help appreciated.

Rickster57

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:55
forms

Assuming your form with the tabs is called form1, assuming you placed a form in tab2 called FrmCustomers which contains the combo box that needs requeried called Combo28....

In the After Update property of Client Name on tab1 place the following code

Forms![form1]![FrmCustomers].Form![Combo28].Requery

Bentleybelle

Registered User.
Local time
No, this still did not work, I have tried all manner of combinations. I must have something else wrong somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom