Memory issues with graph-heavy report (1 Viewer)

emorris1000

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:21
So I have a report that is used to print out a bunch of graphs about some data. Right now there are something like 11 graphs. At the end there will be 15-20.

The graph report is opened through another form that designates which graphs you would like to see, so you can customize the report. To accomplish this I have all of the graphs stuck in a corner of the report and made visible = no. If the check box for that graph is on then I move the graph to the correct location (which is variable) and then make it visible.

The problem is that when I open this graph report it can take a significant amount of time to generate it (like 60 seconds), and occasionally it will throw a "not enough memory resources" error, and even rarer it will smply crash Access.

Now, these are some potentially intense graphs. Some of them have ~10k data points on them, and few involve calculations in their underlying query. Which made me think "well ok that's just the nature of the beast you need to deal with it"

HOWEVER. When I open the graph normally (not through the manipulation/visible/moving) method I mentioned above it will quickly draw all of the graphs without any real hesitation (like 1-3 seconds.)

So....whats that about? Does it have to do with moving the graphs? Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Any idea of a workaround?

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 05:21
Are these graphs based on queries and not temp tables? If so, you might find that it is going to work better to generate the data into temp tables and then use those for the graphs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom