Merge text field for multiple records (1 Viewer)

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:54
I have a report that I would like to have one field merge data into one record per employee when there is multiple values in that field.
For example:

Field: Employee Name - Jane Doe
Field: Degree - Bachelors of Science
- Bachelors of Art

Would like it to look like this where Degree field merges values per employee
Jane Doe - Bachelors of Science, Bachelors of Art

Some employees will have only one others may have several, how would i do this?

Thanks for any help on this.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
The number of degrees doesn't matter it is only 1 field

[Employee Name ] & ' - ' & [degree]
should do it.

Brian

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
I need to merge the two or more values in the Degree field, not merge Employee Name with Degree.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I don't think I understand, if it is only one field what is the change that you want? I suspect that you are looking at using Replace to do something but I'm not clear as to what that is.

Brian

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
I will try to explain, I have an Employee table with names and an Education Degree table. They have a one to many relationship because an employee can have more then one degree. So for my report i want to list just two fields
one that for employee name and another for Degrees. I need to merge multiple Degree values into one field so i only have one record for each employee in the report. So if Jane Doe has two or more degrees i would like them to show in the report under the Degree field column as follows: degree one, degree two, degree three. Each degree would be separated by a comma.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom