Merry Christmas (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 01:00
to all that don't believe, Happy Holidays! To those that do, Merry Christmas! Even to those people here that don't like me. Maybe they'll eventually change their mind.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:00
Adam, may you have a joyous, peaceful holiday. Once you calmed yourself down a bit from your earliest incarnation here, you became easier to like or at least to tolerate.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:00
Merry Christmas to everyone! Peace on earth, good will toward men, Christ's sacrifice brings us all the equal opportunity of a life of peace, love, joy and meaning!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 07:00
Peace on earth, good will toward men, Christ's sacrifice brings us all the equal opportunity of a life of peace, love, joy and meaning!
That's working a treat isn't it? I think God needs to up his/her game a bit - he/she has only had 2000 years to get it done and still no success.
Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
That's working a treat isn't it? I think God needs to up his/her game a bit - he/she has only had 2000 years to get it done and still no success.
Col
I disagree heartily with that - the evidence is the joy and peace and has been brought to the lives of millions of Christians, all of whom testify about it constantly. Your choice is one to disbelieve millions of people telling you the same experience they've had. It is a mental, emotional, spiritual level thing (which is where Peace and Joy and Love intrinsicly are of course, as we know rich people are not necessarily happy) - not as much about yoru physical circumstances.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
So you're saying that if you don't believe in this fairy tale called Christianity you're not happy with joy and peace?
I think it's best that you believe what you want if it makes you happy, and I'll believe what I want that makes me happy. Otherwise this batting of opinions will go on for some time.
Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
So you're saying that if you don't believe in this fairy tale called Christianity you're not happy with joy and peace?
I think it's best that you believe what you want if it makes you happy, and I'll believe what I want that makes me happy. Otherwise this batting of opinions will go on for some time.
Col
That's right Col, it's up to you.
There can be 2 billion people telling you the same experience and if you have already decided not to believe, you're not going to even if it were all 8 billion. It's a personal choice to be made.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
That's right Col, it's up to you.
There can be 2 billion people telling you the same experience and if you have already decided not to believe, you're not going to even if it were all 8 billion. It's a personal choice to be made.
Exactly. I'm not averse to experiences, but I always prefer to see something with my own eyes, then I may consider believing.
Its like ghosts, you see those stupid programmes on TV about people ghost hunting (usually gullible Americans) and sure enough things move or whatever just when the cameras are there - how timely! If I see a ghost or a chair flying across the room for myself, maybe I may consider believing. I gave up fairy stories when I was about 6 years old and preferred to deal in reality.
Col

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I gave up fairy stories when I was about 6 years old and preferred to deal in reality.
Col

If you don't believe a billion people telling you what they've experienced from surrendering to Christ, then I respectfully opine you are not dealing in reality - but remember, you can always find out for yourself by continuing to seek the Truth. However you get there as long as you get there and I will continue praying for you - as I still occasionally for for JPL, as I'd promised earlier

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Thanks.if I see Jesus in my toast or pizza I'll let you know. Mind you, nobody knows what Jesus looks like, so could be a problem.
Col

I literally want to fly to the UK and work up a prank with the local restaurant to give Col a Jesus-shaped plate of food.
No just kidding.

When I surrender myself to God, the peace that doesn't depend on my circumstances is absolutely astonishing, the joy and love, my identity is in Him, at once I realize that my biggest problems were spiritual in the first place + they are solved. All free and for the taking! There is a lifetime of learning to walk in that identity to serve God and help others, but the gift is mine, unearned just received

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom