Method or data member not found error (1 Viewer)

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:34
I have a problem with one form, when I go into it everything works until I try to Exit out or Save and Close or any other On-Click event. My only way to get out is to right click the top border and Save and then Close

I haven't been able to find out why this is happening

Any suggestions

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 05:34
Step through the code in the debugger?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:34
Any code running on exit?
Do you have option explicit declared?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You might post a zipped copy of the database with instructions to highlight the issue.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Those events are independent, which suggests the problem is in the form Current event. You could set the vb editor option to break on all errors, which should pinpoint the problem. Or I would start with a break on the current event, or whichever event will fire first and step through the code from there. In step mode, you should be able to step through all code that runs after the break point.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
until I try to Exit out or Save and Close or any other On-Click event
That's really, really broad ... Maybe let us know WHAT the error actually is (or is it even an error being thrown or it just won't close??).
If it's an actual error message, click Debug, but your question makes it hard to understand exactly what you're seeing.

Edit, I stand corrected - your post title says the error. :) My bad, wasn't paying attention to the title.
The rest of my advice stands...basically debug as other posts have suggested. : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom