Microsoft References Needed For SendObject (1 Viewer)

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:42
What Microsoft Access references (in the Object Library) are needed to send e-mails (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo . . . etc.) with the SendObject command ?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:42
The default references should be all you need. However, SendObject will simply invoke your default mail client. So, make sure you have one.

tvanstiphout

Local time
What Microsoft Access references (in the Object Library) are needed to send e-mails (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo . . . etc.) with the SendObject command ?
What is the bigger picture? Did you switch to New Outlook perhaps, and that stopped SendObject from working?

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
Tom,
I'm running Outlook 2016. My problem is that my e-mail sent by the MS Access SendObject command is arriving days latter. I had this problem before, but I can't remember how I fixed it. I vaguely remember selecting an additional reference (from the Object Library). I can't remember which DB had this problem. Thanks ! ! !

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
Here are my references.

Attachments

• References.jpg
    References.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 12

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Tom,
I'm running Outlook 2016. My problem is that my e-mail sent by the MS Access SendObject command is arriving days latter. I had this problem before, but I can't remember how I fixed it. I vaguely remember selecting an additional reference (from the Object Library). I can't remember which DB had this problem. Thanks ! ! !
This would have been a great way to introduce the problem and provide a context for potential answers.

The fact of the matter is, it seems, that the email does get sent. It does arrive at the destination. There's probably nothing wrong in the accdb. It might be in Outlook, your email server, or even the email server of the recipient who eventually does receive your email.

Lots of moving parts beyond the Access accdb to be investigated here.

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
GPGeorge,

This even happens when sending to myself. Any suggestions ?

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Your email server appears to be the bottleneck then. What anti-virus software is running? Are there rules about acceptable content in your organization's email?

The fact remains that Access is sending out the emails, does it not? And that means looking outside Access for possible problems.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Tom,
Can you show us your SendObject code? Does it have a True argument at the end?

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
I figured out what is happening with my delayed e-mails. It is due to Microsoft Outlook's "Delay Delivery" option. You can locate it by opening an e-mail, click on "Options", then click on "Delay Delivery". Locate the "Delivery options" section and uncheck the "Do not deliver before" box. When I unchecked this box, then I was able to receive several sent e-mails (via SendObject) immediately. I can't figure out how to change this options in Microsoft Access. Any ideas ?

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
I figured out what is happening with my delayed e-mails. It is due to Microsoft Outlook's "Delay Delivery" option. You can locate it by opening an e-mail, click on "Options", then click on "Delay Delivery". Locate the "Delivery options" section and uncheck the "Do not deliver before" box. When I unchecked this box, then I was able to receive several sent e-mails (via SendObject) immediately. I can't figure out how to change this options in Microsoft Access. Any ideas ?
Can't you set it in Outlook globally and not need to do anything in Access about it?

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
George,

I'm not sure. Also, how would I set up Outlook globally (via VBA) ?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:42
First, this is a client action because it holds the message in the Outbox until the scheduled time.

Second, because it refers only to local boxes, it is therefore a local setting. This is not a property of the .PST (postoffice) file but rather is a property of an individual user profile.

One of the hints I ran across in the search was that you could make a "permanent" rule to this effect. Check your "rules and alerts" area to see if you have a rule that delays the transition from Outbox to Sent OR delays the transition from Drafts to Outbox.

You can look up this topic online using the "Outlook Delay Delivery" search string. Be warned that depending "Old" or "New" Outlook, your answers can be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom