Solved Microsoft Surface Pro X (1 Viewer)

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
Yesterday, 20:54
Can anyone speak to installing Access 32 bit onto a Surface Pro X? Specifically if it is possible. I've read some reviews stating it was not possible/and other contradicting that point.

Thanks in Advance,
Samantha

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:54
Why would you think it is not possible?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Not all notepads are real computers. The Surface Pro is a real computer. It is operational without an internet connection and you can install software on it. The iPad is not. You are limited though even with the Surface Pro since you don't have a lot of disk space and Office is a pig. All of Office EXCEPT Access can run from the cloud but you do need to install Access locally to run your database.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:54
It can come with a 512Gb drive so space really shouldn't be a real issue as long as you are careful.

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
Gasman- I just saw a review where someone was complaining about not being able to install 32 bit on it. They didn't specify what program they were using. It just got my radar up but I found this article Windows 10 ARM-based PCs FAQ (microsoft.com) so I am thinking that they were mistaken.

And yes I was intending on going for the pro X with 512gb and probably only really running the full suite of Office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom