Module Error (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

OK, try changing the names inCom to MyCom and PriceEV say to MyPrice, you'll have to change the references in the module as well of course

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:47
Also no change. This is really depressing me a lot.:(

Thanks though

R

Rich

What message do you get when you compile and save all modules

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
I don't get any message when I compile the modules. I only get the undefined message when I want to use the query.

R

Rich

Is that when using CalCom() which is of course the correct function name?

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
This is when using CalCom() and any other suggestions that I have gotten so far.

R

Rich

Which suggests that Access can't find the function, try using the code builder on an unbound textbox to see if the function is listed in the Functions lists

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
I have already tried this because I assumed I was making a typo or something.

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for that piece, but it didn't help me solve the problem (it was very useful in understanding the reasoning behind libraries).
I haven't imported the DB into another blank DB. Do you mean just copy each tabel or do you mean export DB and import DB?

Thanks

R

Rich

Create a blank new db, from the file menu, get external data, select all, for every tab, remember to compile and save, compact etc, clutching at straws really, but it's worth a try

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately, no change :mad: . This is really starting to make me mad.

I really appreciate the help.

Maybe somebody can write a different piece of CalCom code to get to the same result (I don't know it so unfortunately I can't try that).
Could this be a computer related problem rather than an access related problem?

R

Rich

Can you post a copy here, I only have 97 though, so you'll have to save as that ver.

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
I did this before with the same DB and I didn't get any error (before I created Module). If I want to do this now, I get an message that I don't have all the libraries for Access 97. Maybe a problem can be found here. I have attached it anyways so if you get any error or problem please let me know.
I'm also assuming you are using the English version of Access, this is exported from the Dutch version so it would appreciate it if any 'normal' formula's don't work.

Attachments

• fastone.zip
    47.2 KB · Views: 86
R

Rich

a, You forgot to change the all the references in the new module when you changed MyPrice etc,
b, You gave the module the same Name as the function,
c, you also had a copy of the function but with a different name.
having sorted that you now have a problem with the joins in the Commission query, I've created a copy with most of the tables removed which enables the function to work as is. I've set the function to output as currency which I assume will default to Rand on your pc anyway, removing the need to Format the query field.
Hopefully you can sort out the join problem and move on to the next part of the jigsaw, my advice is to use a combination of select case statements or If Then Else in the module, instead of multiple Iif's within the query.
HTH

Last edited:

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
a: thanks I'll try
b: this was the original module, this module was cut out of the DB to try and see if it was working
c: this copy was used to test if it would make any difference to use the same name or not.

Overall: big thanks, I'll try and build up the DB from this.

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
At least we got some change into the messages. When I try to run the query now it says:

'types in expressies don't match'.

I have gone through that document again and made sure all libraries discussed are selected but this doesn't make a difference.:confused:

Thanks

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:47
That message usualy means: In a query that you are trying to link a string field with a numeric field. In VBA that you are trying to carry out numeric calculations on a string or something similar. Check the declared types of the fields in the underlying tables and make sure that they match. Classic example 1 table has and ID field as numeric the other table has ID field as text.

HTH

Fastone

Registered User.
Local time
The Module is defined As Currency
The query columns which are used in the calculation are defined the same way but maybe Rich nows because he says
output as currency which I assume will default to Rand on your pc anyway, removing the need to Format the query field.

I'll look and play around, maybe I'll find the solution but if anybody in the means time has any tips or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom