Move all the names from a table to the grid (1 Viewer)

jpl458

Local time
Yesterday, 18:31
Is there an easy way, a command or such, that will move all the table field to the QBE grid so you can see the field names. Using the asterisk, you cant add criteria.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 20:31
Click on the table you want in the desinger so it has focus, then hit Ctrl + A and drag all the fields down below.

jpl458

Local time
Click on the table you want in the desinger so it has focus, then hit Ctrl + A and drag all the fields down below.
That didn't work, but lighting up top field then shift then right click on mouse lit all of them up and I could drag them down.

Thanks

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:31
Using the asterisk, you cant add criteria.
That statement is not true. Simply use the asterisk then add any specific fields for the criteria. Make sure to uncheck them so the field is not double selected in the where clause.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you always want to use all the columns, then the asterisk is shorthand and clarifies your intent as well as picking up newly added columns. However, good practice is to only select the columns you actually need.

jpl458

Local time
That statement is not true. Simply use the asterisk then add any specific fields for the criteria. Make sure to uncheck them so the field is not double selected in the where clause.
I did not know that. Now I do.

Thanks

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
I did not know that. Now I do.

Thanks
query.png

So you have to uncheck the field, if not Access will alias it automatically with a name like "Field0". This will be very confusing to look at since you will have two columns with the same values but different names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom