Moving data from a Database to Spreadsheet & Activating a macro in a spreadsheet? (1 Viewer)

COJMORE

Local time
Today, 09:56
Hi,

I need to transfer some details from my database to a spreadsheet and then transfers the details back to the appropriate tables in the databse! Can anyone help me here?

Also, I need to somehow activate a macro in the MS Excel spreadsheet from Access? Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks again,

COJMORE

Tim K.

Registered User.
Local time
Why do you want to transfer data back and forth?

Can you do, I guess the calculation or manipulation, in Access?

COJMORE

Local time
Hi,

I need to transfer the appropriate number of cars at on site / location from my access databse to a spreadhseet.

Then, I need to be able to transfer the details back to the tables in the access database when i'm finished with the spreadsheet.

It is for a Car Stock List i'm doing.

Thanks,

COJMORE

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
If the spreadsheet part is important, why not hold your data in the spreadsheet, and link this to the database, instead of using a data table.

However, I think it is asking for trouble handling your data this way, and pretty quickly, you're going to corrupt your data in the spreadsheet. Much better to handle it all in Access.

RobertQ

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

you can run a macro in Excel by Access but first you have to connect the Excel object library.
You have to open an own instance of Excel with the workbook you need. Here you can run the Excel macro by using the Excel commands.
Instead of running an macro in Excel you can do all the needed steps in your Access module.
By conneting the Excel object library you can use all VBA statement from Excel in Access.

I have made the experience that running a macro in Excel is not so easy.

Kind regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom