Moving the Task Bar (1 Viewer)

ecuevas

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:48
I accidentally moved my task bar to the side of the screen and now I can't move it back to the bottom. I click on it and the icon with the 4 arrows pops up but the task bar won't move. The only thing I can do is make it wider. How do I move it back to the bottom?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:48
You didn't mention what version of Windows you are using but usually you just right click on a blank spot on the TaskBar and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar" and then just left click on the same spot and drag the Taskbar where you want it.

ecuevas

Registered User.
Local time
I am using windows XP. The task bar is not locked. I don't know why I can't move it.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Is your left mouse button working? Have you rebooted your PC?

ecuevas

Registered User.
Local time
I did reboot. I am using a laptop and have tried using the mouse square on it and I have also tried moving it with a regular mouse but neither worked.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
I know this is a stupid question but you are holding down the left button while you try and drag the taskbar, right? Have you tried moving the taskbar to any other side of the screen?

ecuevas

Registered User.
Local time
I am holding down the button. I casn't move the task bar anywhere. The only thing I can do is make it wider or narrower

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Well I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else will drop by with some fresh suggestions.

ecuevas

Registered User.
Local time
Nevermind I was clicking in the wromng place.:eek:

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks for posting back with your solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom