MsgBox on close if field value equals Unallocated (1 Viewer)

Tor_Fey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:09
Good Morning All;

Is it possible to have a YES/NO msgbox display if a field on a form is equal to a certain value?

On my form; I have a close button with the following code that works fine:
Code:
DoCmd.Close acForm, "frm_TF_Ben_Main"
           Forms!frm_tf_menu!mycaseis.Requery
What I would like to do is.. when the close button is clicked; is to show a message box asking do you want to change the status of the record, if the answer is yes; I would like the form to remain open, but if the answer is no then I would like to close the form and run the code above.

I have tried this code so far (5 is equal to Unallocated in my table; as I save the lookup number rather than text in main table):
Code:
If Me.TF_Ben_Status = 5 Then
        If MsgBox("This record has a status of 'UNALLOCATED', you need to change the status to make this record live! Would you like to change the record status now?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "RECORD UNALLOCATED") = vbYes Then
        Cancel = True
    Else
    End If
Unfortunately this errors, would one of you kind people give me a point in the right direction please?

Kind Regards
Tor Fey

Last edited:

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Put validation code in the forms UnLoad event which can be canceled with the code:

Cancel = True

if the validation fails.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
What is the error?
There is no Cancel method on form close - so you can't do an Cancel = True remove that bit you don't need it.

Tor_Fey

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Minty;

With or Without the code:
Code:
 Cancel =True
the code errors as follows: 'Compile Error: Block if without End If'

Kind Regards
Tor Fey

What is the error?
There is no Cancel method on form close - so you can't do an Cancel = True remove that bit you don't need it.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
You have two if statement and you're not closing one of them. You actually can simplify it to
Code:
		If MsgBox("This record has a status of 'UNALLOCATED', you need to change the status to make this record live! Would you like to change the record status now?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "RECORD UNALLOCATED") = vbYes Then
		    Exit Sub   [COLOR="Green"]  ' Because you don't want to close the form[/COLOR]
		End If
 	End If

Tor_Fey

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Minty;

That's excellent, the issue has been resolved; thanks so much for your help :)

Kind Regards
Tor Fey

You have two if statement and you're not closing one of them. You actually can simplify it to
Code:
            Exit Sub   [COLOR=green] ' Because you don't want to close the form[/COLOR]
        End If
     End If

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom