mso code???? (1 Viewer)

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Today, 10:34
mso commands???

Hi All,

Recently I asked about finding information from folders or in my case a CD.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=415218#post415218

Thanks to GHudson I managed to download the file attached in his comments, which I noticed has lost it link but that is another story.

I want to know more about the mso commands in this example as I cannot seem to find it in any books as shown red below.

Can anyone suggest a book on it as having problems searching books on amazon within indexes to find code like it. Rather than ask a lot of question about it I would rather read a good book on it, then ask questions.

I hope someone can help?

An example of the code is:

Code:
Private Sub CmdSearchMyDocuments_Click()

Set fs = Application.FileSearch
    With fs
        .LookIn = "C:\CD Data"
        .FileName = "*.*"
        .SearchSubFolders = True
        If .Execute(SortBy:=[COLOR="Red"]msoSortbyFileName[/COLOR], _
                SortOrder:=[COLOR="red"]msoSortOrderAscending[/COLOR]) > 0 Then
            MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & _
                " file(s) found."
            For I = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
                MsgBox .FoundFiles(I)
            Next I
        Else
            MsgBox "There were no files found."
        End If
    End With

End Sub

Attachments

• Browsing2.zip
    73.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 01:34
mso is just a prefix. It doesn't mean anything other than an indication of the variable/constant/object it's referring to.

That code looks as though Ghudson has added a reference to Microsoft Office Objects Library and used that to search your CD.

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Hi Gents,

Thanks for your reply's.

Is this one of Microsoft's secrets, still cannot find a book with it and noticed that not many people have rated the site. I suppose for the small amount of information that is there, thank you!!!! Better than nothing.

Robert88.

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
, 20:34
SJ McAbney said:
mso is just a prefix. It doesn't mean anything other than an indication of the variable/constant/object it's referring to.

That code looks as though Ghudson has added a reference to Microsoft Office Objects Library and used that to search your CD.
I really have to differ with you.
There is a long list of documented msoX constants on MSDN. It is not just a handy prefix that GHudson added.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
, 20:34
SJ McAbney said:

The msoFileTypeAllFiles constant is taken straight from the sample code by Microsoft. Here is a link to using the FileSearch Object to search a directory. I have posted that code if a few other threads like this one Access 97 and Windows XP but I am not using it in my Browse [Find a directory or file] sample.

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Hi All,

Thank you everybody's comments.

Sorry, GHudson. You might be right about it not being used in your browsing2.zip as I might of added it. Sorry about that.

As mentioned in the link at the top from my original posting, all I want to do now that I am able to get the content of the CD, path and filename to a message box, is place all this information in a table. Hence the reason for wanting to know more about the mso commands. I suppose it is a need to know where it has come from in order to work-out where to go to.

If anybody can give me this solution it would be a treat as I have seen many people ask the question in other posts but have not seen a solution, even if the solution is close which I can modify to my needs.

If nobody helps with this I am still working on it, I am learning and it is great.:) I am assuming I need to do a little more reading on adding recordsets to a table. Just want to place the folderpath in one field and filename in another.

Robert88

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom