Multi User Access (1 Viewer)

tlc1974

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:31
I have created a combo box which will open another form based on the criteria selected in the combo box. I have multiple users wanting to access this form but when the 2nd user opens the form a combo box error appears. I am assuming this is because the other user has opened the same form the first user has opened and changed the criteria in the combo box. How can I avoid this?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:31
Hi. Is your database properly split? Each user should have their own copy of the front end.

tlc1974

Registered User.
Local time
No it is just one database that they all access.

tlc1974

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you and I will split the database. With the database always being upgraded what is the easiest way to update on each pc with them all having their own front end?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 12:31
Thank you and I will split the database. With the database always being upgraded what is the easiest way to update on each pc with them all having their own front end?

Now there's a question!

If you have complete control over your network and can anything you want to it, there are a few utilities out there to do just that, FMS is a good one.

If you want to do it with Access, search through the Sample Databases on this site. Some of our members have provided some great examples.

I myself use a VB Script that installs, creates a desk-top icon and check for updates every time a user accesses the application. More than willing to share that with you if you choose to go that route.

tlc1974

Registered User.
Local time
John I think I would like to use a vbscript so it is automated please can you share your version? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom