Multiple Checkboxes to add multiple entries on a Table (1 Viewer)

cybersardinha

Local time
Today, 13:56
Hi,

I'm quite new to Access but after trying to having some problems doing a couple of reports I was recommended on this forum to Normalize the structure of the tables.

I've done that and I can do all the reports I wanted but now I'm having another problem.

I wanted that on form frmEDIT people select their names, the date and check on checkboxes all the courses they did on that day . But for every course selected I need a new entry on the tblPersonCert Table with the name date and the ID of the course. (the IDs are on the tblCert table)

I can't think of a way to do that.

Can anyone point me on right direction or help me on how can I do that?

Thank You

Attachments

• Database2.1.accdb
    2.9 MB · Views: 204

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:56
Hi,

I'm quite new to Access but after trying to having some problems doing a couple of reports I was recommended on this forum to Normalize the structure of the tables.

I've done that and I can do all the reports I wanted but now I'm having another problem.

I wanted that on form frmEDIT people select their names, the date and check on checkboxes all the courses they did on that day . But for every course selected I need a new entry on the tblPersonCert Table with the name date and the ID of the course. (the IDs are on the tblCert table)

I can't think of a way to do that.

Can anyone point me on right direction or help me on how can I do that?

Thank You
The recommended method of doing this is to use Forms Bound to Tables.

So create Form based on tblPerson and a Subform based on tblPersonCert.

On the subform for tblPersonCert you would create a Combobox to allow the user to select the Courses attended for that day.

cybersardinha

Local time
Today, 13:56
The recommended method of doing this is to use Forms Bound to Tables.

So create Form based on tblPerson and a Subform based on tblPersonCert.

On the subform for tblPersonCert you would create a Combobox to allow the user to select the Courses attended for that day.
I kind of got to that conclusion but I wanted to be able to add more that one Course at a time. Like on the form that i mentioned having checkboxes for the different courses and by pressing OK it adds all of them

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:56
I kind of got to that conclusion but I wanted to be able to add more that one Course at a time. Like on the form that i mentioned having checkboxes for the different courses and by pressing OK it adds all of them
The subform set in Continuous Form View will allow you to add as many Courses you want

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:56
What I think you want will require the use of some code. Using a form/subform setup is the normal approach, and it's the simplest method to use for beginners - it won't require you to write any code at all. Once you've become more familiar with Access and are able to write some VBA code, you can modify the UI to include the process you really want. Otherwise, somebody else may have to do it for you, until you can do it yourself.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:56
I'm attaching a sample m-m database so you can see how you would implement something like this. Choose the NEW version rather than the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom