Multiple Names from Form (1 Viewer)

JoseO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:21
Hello -

I thought I would make a simple form to keep track of participants attending weekly meetings. I've run into a bit of dilemma:

In my "Meeting form" I need to be able to add the names of all the people who are attending the meeting but I quickly realized that in the "Meeting table" I have but a single field name "Attendees."

Since I do not know from week to week how many people will be in attendance, I cannot have a "set" amount of "Attendee" fields. So, how would I go about including all attendees into one meeting into the meeting table?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:21
Attendees should be a in child table, at the Many end of a 1 to Many relationship between your meetings table and the Attendees table.

Typically, one might also have a list of Employees or People or something in a different table, which would be the source for the Attendees.

Probably you should do some light reading on Normalization, as these are fundamental concepts and are very important. There's a lot of material online covering the topic.

hth

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:21
I believe you would need
Meeting table
Attendee table
and a link table that links Attendees to Meetings

HTH

JoseO

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for the fast response Jack. I appreciate it. I'll certainly do as you have recommended.

JoseO

Registered User.
Local time
I appreciate the guidance as well Gasman - thank you.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:21
Here's an old database I build for my Access User Group to track attendance. Don't mind the colors, our president wanted colorful forms so I complied. I have removed all the real data and just left dummy data so you can see how the application operates.

Attachments

• CaML2K SanatizedData.zip
    490.4 KB · Views: 63

JoseO

Registered User.
Local time
I apologize for the delay in replying Pat. Thank you so much for sharing this! I really, really, appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom