Multiple nested IIf statement (1 Viewer)

eugzl

Local time
Today, 12:29
Hi All.
I created query where Location field should be display value based on some conditions. For that I specified for that field nested IIF statement:
SQL:
Location: IIf([qLocations].[Wing] > " ", [qLocations].[Facility] & " " & [qLocations].[Building] & " " & [qLocations].[Wing] & [qLocations].[Floor] & "-" & [qLocations].[Room], IIf([qLocations].[Wing] = " ", [qLocations].[Facility] & [qLocations].[Building] & [qLocations].[Floor] & "-" & [qLocations].[Room], ""))
As a result I would like to get:
1. [qLocations].[Wing] > " " return value is correct
2. [qLocations].[Wing] = " " I would like to get concatenation of [qLocations].[Facility] & [qLocations].[Building] & [qLocations].[Floor] & "-" & [qLocations].[Room] value but actually result is empty
3. If all concatenated values is null I'm expecting to get empty result.
How to modify the code to get values based on those conditions?
Thanks

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:29
Is this related to your other thread?

eugzl

Local time
Hi theDBguy. Thanks for reply.
It just similar. In this post I would like to solve the problem inside in the query. Because I found information that Access has nested IIF statement. And in the another post I did know about nested IIF and asked help to solve the problem in VBA code. But if it possible to specify some condition for one field inside in the query for me it is better.
Thanks

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I imagine the answer to this problem is the same as the answer to that other thread. Have you tried it?

eugzl

Local time
I saw the previous answer it suggest me how to convert query code to VBA. And in the previous post code check only two conditions True and False. Here I'm asking how to solve the problem if field has three conditions. And for each condition should be different return value.
Thanks

eugzl

Local time
Now that code version returns correct value for first and second condition:
SQL:
Location: Switch([qLocations].[Wing] is not null, [qLocations].[Facility] & " " & [qLocations].[Building] & " " & [qLocations].[Wing] & [qLocations].[Floor] & "-" & [qLocations].[Room], [qLocations].[Wing] is null, [qLocations].[Facility] & " " & [qLocations].[Building] & [qLocations].[Floor] & "-" & [qLocations].[Room], [qLocations].[Wing] is null and [qLocations].[Facility] is null, "")
But return value of the third condition still wrong. Need help.
Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
The problem is solved. Thanks
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I had the feeling the same answer will apply to both questions. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom