Multiple objects (boxes) on a form -- how to manipulate them (1 Viewer)

jan@BRU

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:33
Hello,

this is what I'm trying to achieve and I don't know how:

Based on a recordset (let's say entries in a table), I would like to create a graphical user interface, that shows a box/textbox/commandbuttom (actually an appropriate) at a certain position in the form for each record. The position of the box on the form is determined by data in the record. I wand to move the box around the form and with the new position update the data within the record (Think of something similar as the appointment-boxes in an Outlook-Agenda).

Now, I can generate one box manually, and with the Mouse-Down/Mouse-Move/Mouse-Up events do exactly that for one particular box. I could also imagine, creating a box for every record and do this to those boxes.

However, the problem is that every single box needs to have the exact same event-code associated to it, and that doesn't seem practical. all the more that i would have to create those boxes dynamically (depending on the number of records in recordset).

So here is the question:

Is there any possibility to sort of create an "array" of graphical objects, which all react similarly to events, but have the information stored individually.

Many thanks

Jan

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:33
access does not support control arrays unlike VBA but you can associate one event handler for a number of objects.

jan@BRU

Registered User.
Local time
ok -- so how?

OK, how wouldI do that?

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:33
I've never used this technique in Access but there was a post on this subject last week.

jan@BRU

Registered User.
Local time
stupid or blind...?

Hey, thanks for the reply.

However, next to being stupid, I must also be blind... can't find the relevant thread.

Could you help?

Thanks
Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom