Solved Multiple User error message (1 Viewer)

Ravi Kumar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:00
Database Error Message.png

Hello ,
I have created a database which I have placed in a common folder for entry by two user at a time .
But now when the other person opened it is showing an error message as attached.(it is not having any login form )just a table & entry form and some reports.)
Could anybody please tell me what should I do to solve this?

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:30
Hi. Sounds like you're not using a split configuration. Can you please confirm this? Thanks.

Ravi Kumar

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your response ...
No I haven't split the database

Ravi Kumar

Registered User.
Local time
Here is my databse

Attachments

• Daily Rework statistics.zip
    71.4 KB · Views: 83

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:30
Database needs to be split to support multiple users. Each user needs a separate copy of the front end with the data stored in a common back end.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:30
@Ravi Kumar
Its almost the same as if two different people were both trying to drive your car at once. It would be likely to crash!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
You must set the DB to open in non-exclusive mode, which you get from the File tab, Options >> Current Database, and then search for the option for non-exclusive opening.

There is also the matter of permissions in the shared folder, because that can also cause a "forced" exclusive-mode open. The users who will use the shared database must each have MODIFY-level permissions on the DB file and the folder it is in. You can leave a "master" copy of the front-end file there if you wish, but the users should each copy the file to their private folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom