Music Thread

adhoustonj

Local time
Today, 06:31
Anyone care to share some songs or contribute to a music thread?

Currently listening to this gem - not endorsing, but somehow came across it tonight, and I was introduced to it by a fellow coworker at my first job.. Out on the lumberyard mud field with a chainsaw and putting together all of the orders of engineered joist packages for new houses or apartment complexes. The only other coworker that did the same job was part time and in college, but we worked close... As we shared and sharpened the same chainsaw to cut the 53' material that was brought in, so we did our best to not hand over the short end of the stick to each other.

One day though, he gave me a ride home, he had an f-150, and tucked in between the seats and center console on both sides was some kind of shotgun..... and this was on his radio playing.... This has had me laughing tonight.

And with that, i noticed that we don't have a music thread. We should! As diverse as our approaches, solutions, implementations, experiences, and journey that we all bring here, we should share some songs between us. Some may have a story behind them, or may just be worth the share.

Currently listening to this gem - not endorsing, but somehow came across it tonight, and I was introduced to it by a fellow coworker at my first job.. Out on the lumberyard mud field with a chainsaw and putting together all of the orders of engineered joist packages for new houses or apartment complexes. The only other coworker that did the same job was part time and in college, but we worked close... As we shared and sharpened the same chainsaw to cut the 53' material that was brought in, so we did our best to not hand over the short end of the stick to each other.

One day though, he gave me a ride home, he had an f-150, and tucked in between the seats and center console on both sides was some kind of shotgun..... and this was on his radio playing.... This has had me laughing tonight.

And with that, i noticed that we don't have a music thread. We should! As diverse as our approaches, solutions, implementations, experiences, and journey that we all bring here, we should share some songs between us. Some may have a story behind them, or may just be worth the share.

Well I love this Disturbed song which anyone who occasionally gets tired of the online, internet, digital, screen, phone, computer, fake world - and sorta secretly wishes we lived more in the real world and replaced all those terms with nature, outside, plants, face to face, physical wonder surrounding us - should enjoy the lyrics quite a bit and it's a catchy song

Must have been something in the water in 2018 - this came out 6 months before that track

Well I love this Disturbed song which anyone who occasionally gets tired of the online, internet, digital, screen, phone, computer, fake world - and sorta secretly wishes we lived more in the real world and replaced all those terms with nature, outside, plants, face to face, physical wonder surrounding us - should enjoy the lyrics quite a bit and it's a catchy song

An interesting cover to Disturbed's "Down With the Sickness"...

David Allen Coe is a very "colorful" individual to put it mildly!

So we've had some lounge music, how about something for the classical music fans maybe..?

Wiki:
"Written (and arranged) by lead vocalist, guitarist and pianist Matthew Bellamy over the course of a number of years, the piece is presented as a symphony in three movements entitled "Overture", "Cross-Pollination" and "Redemption"

Speaking for the iTunes LP feature for The Resistance, Bellamy said the following about the inspirations and meanings of Exogenesis:

"Exogenesis: Symphony is influenced by Rachmaninov, Richard Strauss, Chopin and Pink Floyd. It looks at the concept of 'panspermia'. It is a story of humanity coming to an end and everyone pinning their hopes on a group of astronauts who go out to explore space and spread humanity to another planet.
Part 1 is a jaded acceptance that civilization will end.
Part 2 is a desperate hope that sending the astronauts to find and populate other planets will be successful alongside the recognition that this is the last hope.
Finally, Part 3 is when the astronauts realize that it is just one big cycle, and recognize that unless humanity can change it will happen all over again."

Get your headphones out! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom