My Keyboard Type Randomly

DavidWright

Local time
Yesterday, 23:16
Hello friends, I am encountering a serious issue that I can't seem to solve it anymore. Actually, when I type something it randomly types. Could someone please help me how can I fix it?

faulty keyboard? sticking keys? some application running in the background that uses sendkeys? downloaded a virus?

suggest in the fist instance, change your keyboard and reboot

Are you running an Access form which has a timer event? If so, typing in the VBE can have unpredictable results.

Wondered about that one but discounted it since this thread is in the windows forum

Since this is your first post, welcome to the forum.

You said "can't solve it anymore." Was that a turn of phrase or did this happen before and you fixed it?

When you say "types randomly" it would help to have a verbal description of the symptoms.

Basically, if a keyboard is throwing random letters or letters with apparently random timing, it would APPEAR to be a faulty keyboard. What kind of connection do you have? The old RS232-C or a USB connection? We had one case many years ago in which we had the "Root Beer" syndrome - when a person spilled a drink into the keyboard. Even though it was originally sealed, wear had taken its tool and root beer did the rest.

So... give us more definite symptoms, please.

Rightly or wrongly, I tend to ignore the forum as its not always appropriate to the question
Wait & see when the OP responds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom