Name AutoCorrect off but Auto changes appear. (1 Viewer)

Royce

Access Developer
Local time
Today, 05:53
Access 2010 keeps changing the Capitalization of objects when I don't want it to.
For example "Cancel" becomes "cancel". Later it will be changed back to "Cancel". There is also a table with a field "FULLNAME". Several Queries build a field "FullName". As a result FullName, even in places like Application.CodeProject.FullName get changed to Application.CodeProject.FULLNAME.

Is there anyway to disable this behavior? (Track Name AutoCorrect is off. )

It is especially irritating because I export the code to text files and check it into source control. Sometimes dozens, or even hundreds, of files will show up as changed because Access did it's rename thing.

burrina

Registered User.
Local time
Just curious, are you perhaps using a module to correct this? Did you disable both autocorrect info options? What do you have checked under proofing?

Check these settings.

Royce

Access Developer
Local time
Not sure what you mean by "using a module". Problem happens with code in modules and code behind forms. I use code behind a form to export the object design to text files. The front end started out as Access 97, was converted to 2002 at some point, and is now 2010.

The actual problem seems to come from some undocumented "feature" of Access 2010. At least I don't remember coming across it in in earlier versions. (I've worked with Access since 95.)

Everything is off that I know about.

I've seen other posts describing the problem, never found a solution. I've added Option Explicit to all modules. In projects I've develeoped, I use a naming standard for most things, but I don't go back and change the access supplied event variables, like Cancel. I leave them the same. I've seen the problem in several databases, usually after a while I get it all cleaned up and the problem goes away. It's when it changes, then changes back, that drives me crazy. In this case, I'm linking to two back end databases, one where I can't change the backend. The FULLNAME problem shows up in the front end, the field is in the backend I can't change. But then, it's not just the one instance. It keeps occuring in the same basic form in new places. Some how when I touch a module Access decides it has to correct variable capitalization in other modules. I would have thought the changes would have happened when I added Option Explicit everywhere. It didn't.

Personally, I think it's a bug where auto correct is not recognizing variable scope.

burrina

Registered User.
Local time
I think you have diagnosed your own problem. Find a way to address the other table, compile all of your code and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom