Name of components in different forms (1 Viewer)

christakis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:10
Hi all,

Do the names of components (ie comboboxes) need to be unique in different forms or can they have the same name? The reaosn I am asking is that it would be great to just copy paste common fields in all forms. I know you can do it but will it cause any problems later on? Note that the combo boxes in question are unbound.

Cheers,
Christakis

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 14:10
Controls can be named the same in multiple forms and not cause any problems as they are in and independent module for each form.

christakis

Registered User.
Local time
Controls can be named the same in multiple forms and not cause any problems as they are in and independent module for each form.

Thank you for your reply. This is what I was hoping for.

Chris

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
rather than copy controls, you can often just copy a whole form - then redesign the elements that need chagning. change the record source etc

i just right click in the database window, copy and paste

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:10
And actually if you have a form you want as a template to start all forms with, you can do that easily. I personally use V-Tools (free) to do that as it has an objects repository which you can copy to and then at anytime in any database you can insert from it.

christakis

Registered User.
Local time
Ah nice thanks for the tips. I did something similar actually. I have a generic form which I copy and delete the fields I dont want in each form. 8 down 16 to go! My eyes are gonna pop out soon :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom