Navigation form issues with buttons on subforms (1 Viewer)

saseymour

Local time
Today, 16:47
Hello, I am relatively new at Access 2010 use, and am building a navigation form that has a bunch of different tabs for people to use for data entry.

I have a form that has buttons on the bottom of it - submit, last record, and clear.

They were made on the form using the macro tools inside Access 2010, I did not write them in code.

The buttons work perfectly when using the form.

When I add that form to a navigation form, the buttons do not work as well.

For example, the submit button will save the record, but will not do the second part of the macro, which is to GoToRecord --> New.

My form that works is called frmTurnoverLog. the GoToRecord portion in the macro has an object type of form, object name of frmTurnoverLog, record New and Offset <blank>

Can anyone help? I'd post a picture of the macro, but this is my first post, and I hesitate to post the database for company IP policy concerns.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:47
Welcome to the forum.

When you are working with forms and subforms the syntax required for referring to controls/objects on either the parent or child form become a little more complex. Bookmark this link for future reference, as it will help you formulate the correct reference for controls and objects on forms/subforms from various relative locations.

saseymour

Local time
BJB-
Thanks for the response. I am, however, a newbie to programming in Access.

If my navigation master form is called frmMaintenance and my form that I have accessible from the navigation form is called frmTurnover, is frmTurnover then the subform? Or is there another name that I have to create on the navigation form for the subform?

My submit button macro that is not functioning properly was created solely in Access - no code or expression builder. It is a command button and the embedded macro is in the Event tab, which only reference that I see is in the GoToRecord portion, which has:

Object Type Form
Object Name frmTurnover
Record New
Offset

So, what I am confused about is where do I put any reference to forms and subforms on the navigational form? And if I was to put some difference reference in the Object Name field for the embedded macro, wouldn't that make the button nonfunctional if I was using the frmTurnover outside of the navigation form?

Does that make sense?

saseymour

Local time
Never mind - I found a solution. I found out that the GoToRecord commands are the older / backward -compatibility function, and swapped it out for the RunMenuCommand in the form.

Now the buttons work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom