Navigation Form Subforms (1 Viewer)

moscgama

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:03
Hi,

I'm unadvisedly added a navigation form to my database for aesthetic reasons, which has caused me a lot of headache. Anyways, my navigation form contains five subforms. Each of the subforms are based off of the same table. I would like to be able to add data to each of the forms for the same record. However, a new record is created after data entry for each of the subforms, so instead of one record I have five records (four with blank IDs). Is there a way to link these subforms together, so that a new record isn't added each time? Or should I give up hope and switch to a navigation tab?

Thanks in advance for your help!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:03
As you've already found out, navigation forms are a pain to manage
I would scrap it & start again.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:03
Each of the subforms are based off of the same table
Having multiple Subforms, based on a single Table, means that you're not going to be able to add to a single Record, like that. Trying to do so would give you constant write-conflicts, because you'd have the same Table open multiple times, and Access would think that different users are attempting to write to that one Record.

As ridder said, scrap the Navigation Form, and instead of multiple Subforms, use a Tabbed Control, add as many Pages as you need, and place your other Controls directly on the Pages of the Tabbed Control, arranged logically (which, I'm guessing, is why you've taken this approach, to begin with.)

These Controls, now grouped logically, can all be referred to as if they were simply on a standard Form.

Linq ;0)>

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:03
Hi All, Is it possible to create a horizontal navigation form in Access and do you have any suggestions on where I could go to learn more about it and how to implement it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom