need help displaying record in listbox based on parameter selection in combobox!! (1 Viewer)

JediYodaNT

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:07
Well, I did in fact use a lookup, per the guidence of this guide. This technique worked great for my Function and Sub-Function synced combo boxes.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404901.aspx

The problem is that I have not been able to repeat the process on the Site Associate level.

Now, when you're referring to lookup at the table level...I think mine is at the table level. I have a table called T_Sites that lists the two cities that our offices are in, then I have a table called T_Associates that lists the AssociateName and Sites (Where Sites is a lookup column pointing to the Sites field in T_Sites.) So, is this what you are referring to as "lookup at the table level"?

Scooterbug

Registered User.
Local time
If you have a separate table that list the sites and you store the ID number of the site, then no, it's not at the table level.

Here is a quick example that should do the trick for ya. I know I do better by studying examples...and my skills at describing can be lack luster at times.

Attachments

• Associate.mdb
    196 KB · Views: 111

JediYodaNT

Registered User.
Local time
Scooter, your example is exactly what I'm trying to do!!! Awesome! Thank you for the sample. It'll take me a little time to reverse engineer it so I understand exactly how you pulled these pieces together, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Scooterbug

Registered User.
Local time
Not a problem...If you have any questions, just let me know :)

JediYodaNT

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, so I'm looking at the tables you used. In the Associate table, did you create this field as a lookup to the ID number in the site table, or did you you simply type the 1's and 2's and create a relationship between the two?

Sorry, I really am completely new to this. I just started teaching myself Access at the beginning of the month and my only learning tools have been some YouTube videos and Microsoft videos on their website. It's leaving me with a lot of questions....needless to say.

I really appreciation your patience with me.

Scooterbug

Registered User.
Local time
I entered the data for the Associates manually, but when I did, I put the ID number of the site into the table. The siteID was created so that the information for the site the associate is assigned to can be looked up when needed. The tables were designed so that a relationship between the two tables could be created.

Think of the relationship like legos. With each record (lego), there is a number that coresponds to another record (another lego). By matching the numbers together, you can combine those 2 legos to get all the information.

JediYodaNT

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks again Scooterbug. I appreciate your breaking that down for me. Hopefully I will have time this afternoon to play with that myself and see what I can come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom