Need help...Multiuser database question (1 Viewer)

DT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:43
Hi-

I have a form in a database that is just a look up form (you cannot add or delete records). How can I prevent this (see below or attachment) from happening?

'FormName' has been changed since the last time you opened it, either by another user or because another instance of it was opened on your own machine.

Do you want to replace the changes that you or another user made?

*To save your most recent changes and discard the user's changes or your previous changes, click Yes.
*To save this version of the object with another name, click No.

What's the best way to handle multiusers and forms? The database is split but sending the front end to all users is not an option. I've tried different settings thru the Record Lock...Locked fields...Allow Edits/Additions/Deletions...and we still get this message. I've tried adding 'DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSave' to a timer. It doesn't help. I am at a total loss...does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Derek

Attachments

• save.jpg
    save.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 03:43
Your attachment didn't make it but a suspect your problem is whats called hard coded paths. (or simular to one). My fix is to do a system type table where you place these strings so you can change them as needed...

Does this make sense?

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 08:43
DT said:
sending the front end to all users is not an option.

Create a small database on the server. Make it default to a single form with a button on it. Put some code on the button to copy the front end of your database to their local drive.

Tell them to open this database and click on the button. This way you can distribut the frontend without having to send it out.

DT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:43
Thanks for the help...I got it fixed. I convinced the IT dept. to let me put a Front End of the database on all the pc's. Created a .bat file and got it copied out. Now I can update/compact the Front End on the network and when the user opens their copy it will tell them they need to update their copy. They click a button to update it. Works real nice.

Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom