Need Help with Patient Communication Database (1 Viewer)

M

mdaustin

I have a database that I want to set up with 3 components for logging communication details about patients and any communication with their health care teams on the ward I work on.

First part is Person Details - With first name, last name, hospital number address and the teams that look after them eg health visitor, community nursing team etc

Second Part is the Team Details - Team name, team type (eg health visitor or community nursing team) address

Third Part is a Communication Records - this would enable us to record say nurse (a) spoke to team (x) about patient 1 and this is what was said - and we then record the communcation.

At the moment I just have the 3 tables with all the fields in them and the design for the main control form where people will select options from.

All this would need to be controlled through a simple form type interface - ie cant close using X would use application.quit etc as the people who would be using it would not be used or even keen on using computers!

I would need then to search for say patient/person details, team details, and communication about say a given patient or from a given team.

Any ideas would be great as I have never used Access before. I am however very familiar with Excel so understand alot of theories and I am used to using macros so not a complete novice in that respect!

Many thanks in advance!

Mike

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 15:43
How would you record if a patient was under the care of more than one team?

Col

M

mdaustin

I was thinking of having say the fields in the patients details where each team type was detailed say health visitor, community nursing team, Gp etc and all these could be linked to say the team name in the other table. So most people woould have empty fields but other who had a lot of teams would have more links. Don't really know whether this is the best way to go about it though. All I really need to do at the end of the day is to have a communication record of specific conversations with named teams about a specific patient and be easily able to add to and find that communication.

Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom