Need help (1 Viewer)

blooberrys

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:01
Hi

I have a form that has a command button that is supposed to open another form with the same date.

but for some reason it opens the wrong date, for example if im looking at a form dated 01/02/2010 it opens 02/01/2010. the month and day always switch.

but when i put in an amount to high for the months it will open the correct date, for example 22/01/2010 will open 22/01/2010

help!

thanks

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 14:01
Access is an American program and as such tries to treat all dates as US format you need to supply the date in the correct format. What have you got in your local settings in control panel.

blooberrys

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:01
hi, thanks for replying. if you mean the control panel of the operating system then it is set at GMT. if you are on about a control panel in access somewhere i dont know!

I did think it would be something to do with different time zones but i didnt know what to do about it

hotciats

Local time
Today, 21:01
Hello everybody, i'm quite new to ms access but i can follow instructions on how to use the event procedures. anyway, here is my problem in my ms access project....

I have control buttons in my Form where records need to be entered, like add, save, undo & exit buttons. What i need to know is how to make a code wherein when my form is loaded only the add and exit button should be enabled and when i click the add button only the save, undo and exit button should be enabled and when finished entering the data in the form then after clicking the save button the save and undo button should be disabled while the add and exit button are again enabled. Meaning, only those buttons that are needed to be clickable when you are about to save or add a record should be enabled and disabled.

Thank in advance to all experts.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:01
Hello everybody, i'm quite new to ms access but i can follow instructions on how to use the event procedures. anyway, here is my problem in my ms access project....

I have control buttons in my Form where records need to be entered, like add, save, undo & exit buttons. What i need to know is how to make a code wherein when my form is loaded only the add and exit button should be enabled and when i click the add button only the save, undo and exit button should be enabled and when finished entering the data in the form then after clicking the save button the save and undo button should be disabled while the add and exit button are again enabled. Meaning, only those buttons that are needed to be clickable when you are about to save or add a record should be enabled and disabled.

Thank in advance to all experts.

Might be better to start a new thread as your question is really outside the ambit of this thread.

hotciats

Local time
Today, 21:01
i'm sorry, i'm a new member of this forum and i don't know where to post this question, i just thought that this thread could help me because it says "Need Help". Thanks anyway, i'll just look for the right thread for this query. My apologies....

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:01
i'm sorry, i'm a new member of this forum and i don't know where to post this question, i just thought that this thread could help me because it says "Need Help". Thanks anyway, i'll just look for the right thread for this query. My apologies....

Start a new thread in the Forms section, and call it something like "Help with Buttons". Be descriptive so that people know what they are getting into before they open the thread, "Need help" is a really unhelpful thread title.

Start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom