Need Nam e (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:18
Help I need the make of first computer I had for a sermon I am composing. It was very small and, key pad was flat, and had to be connected to a TV. Only had dos

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:18
And believe it or not. You can still find them available for sale (some in questionable condition). In my first job I programmed on the Commodore 64. Assembly language.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:18
And believe it or not. You can still find them available for sale (some in questionable condition). In my first job I programmed on the Commodore 64. Assembly language.
Years ago my boss i n the navy said go over to building x, you are going to computer school. I said I don't know anything about computers. He said that's why you're going to school. The Navy's computers were a little more advanced then the commadore, but not much. Got the bug and went out and bought a commadore. At the time I thought it was the most sophisticated anything I had ever seen. Now is a joke.

ByteMyzer

AWF VIP
Local time
Commodore-64/128 aficionado of old here. To clear up a misconception, the Commodore 64 and 128 do not run on DOS (Disk Operating System); the primary operating system is entirely based in Kernel ROM. Granting that the Commodore 128 allows for a boot sector on its 5-1/4" floppy disks (used not only for creating self-bootable games, but also for the CP/M disk created for the Commodore 128), the essential operating system is entirely ROM-based.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
There is a way (and way too many years ago on how to do it) to utilize the 64K of RAM. I know the the OS sits (Kernel ROM) at upper memory. I just remember for project I was coding, I would have to do some swapping to utilize the RAM. Also utilized other tricks to put text and graphics up at the same time.

ByteMyzer

AWF VIP
Local time
There is a way (and way too many years ago on how to do it) to utilize the 64K of RAM. I know the the OS sits (Kernel ROM) at upper memory. I just remember for project I was coding, I would have to do some swapping to utilize the RAM. Also utilized other tricks to put text and graphics up at the same time.
Yep, the Commodore-64 was the first Commodore machine to use the 6510 microprocessor, which allowed for bank-switching through the byte at address $0001.

More detailed information may be found here:
https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/Bank_Switching

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I was working for a company where I was trying to make a free form database application. It never worked quite right. I was not the best tester back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom