Need some general thoughts, pointers, philosophies (1 Viewer)

monkeytunes

Serf of the Jungle
Local time
Today, 04:27
Pat Hartman said:
monkeytunes,
Search the http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto] - Microsoft Knowledgebase for the key words client server.

Just fixing the link. :D

W/r/t the querydef - all your suggestions are great, and are exactly the sorts of pitfalls that I want to avoid in this. I want to keep all the DBAs and IT folks as chipper as possible, and this sort of heads up will help. (One quick question - you're mostly telling me not to base my forms on tables, right, for all of the reasons outlined?

Kevin_S

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:27
monkeytunes -

NEVER, NEVER base forms on tables - always on stored, compiled queries with strict criteria in the WHERE clause of the query.

BTW: I case you didn't know precompiled, stored queries that you save in the db are also known as (Querydefs)...

HTH,
Kev

monkeytunes

Serf of the Jungle
Local time
Today, 04:27
Kevin_S said:
monkeytunes -

NEVER, NEVER base forms on tables - always on stored, compiled queries with strict criteria in the WHERE clause of the query.

Don't worry, I don't. :D I was just trying to cut to the chase/confirm that I got the gist of what Pat was outlining.

BTW: I case you didn't know precompiled, stored queries that you save in the db are also known as (Querydefs)...

10-4 good buddy. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom