need some guidence (1 Viewer)

blade12568

Local time
Today, 00:48
hello
me still pulling my hair out at this database (keep coming back for more though)

2 things i would like to know 1 is were can i find good easy to understand knowledge tutorial about vba commands (everyone goes on about use the WHERE command or whatever) i would like ot learn VBA but can find were to get decent info from

other thing is does anyone have an idea what code i can use to copy 2 fields fro mone form to another with the same names etc
i know ive got to have both forms open at same time.

tried

Me.Combo4 = Forms!frmorder!Text4
Me.Accountno = Forms!frmorder!Accountno

the text goes fro mthe form with the info but doesnt go to the other form!

also
Forms!Form2!MyNewfield=Me!MyField

still no joy :(

please help

bri822

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:48
1. The best place to find VBA/Access information is the library. This dicussion board also is a tremendous tool. I have learned alot from just reading other people's posts. And the WHERE statement you are talking about is more of an SQL statement, not a VB command. I know there is alittle information on SQL and other SQL words in the help menus of Access.

2. As for copying information, I don't exactly understand why it is not working. But if you don't need to have both forms opened at the same time, it is easy to copy data. The form you open second, just select the fields you want to copy and set the defaulty property on these fields. You can even use the "builder" to help you with your expressions. Just a thought.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:48
The Litwin, et al's, Access Developer Handbook is very good. Each edition has an accompanying CD with many very good examples of coding.

Emulate code build by the various wizards, especially that which build buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom