New Arms Race around Corner? (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

Jakboi said:
Its bound to come China vs US...thats scary.
It's only scary to paranoid Yanks, let's face you want to control the World:rolleyes:

statsman

Local time
Today, 06:53
As long as the US and China still have massive trade together, common interest should prevail.
Remember, a lot of Chinese eat US wheat.

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Yea I agree and the western world no matter what will I think "rule the world". China will surpass the US one day in GDP and will have more global influence than the US and a bigger military budget as well.

So when are the US, Cananda and Europe going to join and make a new Union...like the European Union...just bigger...

Hell throw in Austraila, Japan, South Korea...while your at it...

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:53
Jakboi said:
Hell throw in Austraila, Japan, South Korea...while your at it...

Why don't we all just the Commonwealth. It'll be like the good ol' days :p

statsman

Local time
If the Church of England and the Roman Catholics can get it together, anything's possible.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
So when are the US, Cananda and Europe going to join and make a new Union...like the European Union...just bigger...

A union with the USA? Christ, lets hope not, guess who'll want to run the show then

No thank you - you yanks think you own the place already, letting you in the EU will be a recipe for disaster;)

Col

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 03:53
I'm more for joining a union with China who is in the ascendency - why would we want a union with the unpopular and declining US?

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Jakboi

Another arms race, we are already there -

and a conflict between US and China would be pretty hard to imagine
China would have to invade quite a few countries b4 this became a real issue

No the real problem is Food with a shortage in Food in Africa (they are importing food as they cannot produce enough) the same is on the cards for China
its theses hotspots that you need to keep an eye - Uganda is in turmoil
the Middle East is a nightmare ( this goes way back to WW2) so no sly comments as to whos to blame as its more like to be the UK

Europe has kinda settled down - Religious wars may alos be on the cards - this will be chaos as we have a mulitcultural society in Europe (and glad of it)

Bush is a focal point of hatered his gun ho attitude and lack of understanding of other cultures has impacted and feed the extremist
(Blair is also to blame and I feel more disguse over Blair as a member of a mulitcultural society he should know better)
The Clintons had a better understanding of the rest of the world and you will find that quite a few like the idea of Hillary running for the Office - I don't know if she would make it , but she has the pedigree for the job -having been the 1st lady - she has the contacts and the personaility (on a European Stage)

Bill Clinton over here is regarding as a a stable set of hands

Bush can hardly string 2 words together without cocking it up

THe states has a bad reputation for being a bit .... well Hickish if you have seen Top Gear and there American Road tour programme you will see how most of Europe views the States - having been to the east coast New York,Philie, Atlanta I know that this is not the whole view - but your president reinforces this hick view

I babble

I would have thought that Powel would have made a good canidate - good presentation skills

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
the Middle East is a nightmare ( this goes way back to WW2) so no sly comments as to whos to blame as its more like to be the UK

Further back than that my good man :p

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Agree - but some promises where made during WW2 - which either shouldn't of been made or should have been honoured properly

but yes you can go Waaaaay waay back - to some old guy with a beard and some stone tablets ..

you can go even further back than that - but I was trying to keep it in "recent" time frame

We both seem to know our history

Bac k to the WW2 promises the world was in such a mess at the time that the Middle East was considered to be a small affair compared to rebuilding Europe--- might of been better to solved tis at the time -- thats hindsight for you

Its always easier to say I would of done this or that after the event , very few are prepared to state what they would do prior to an event and admit that their idea would not of work either ......

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom