Solved New Form not visible in New Page of Tab Control (1 Viewer)

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:19
I have a Tab Control with five tabs with sub forms for data entry forms. These work as anticipated.
I have tried to add a new page to the tab control and then added the sub form to the new page. The fields are visible in design mode but when you go to form view the new page with its sub form is not visible. I am stumped as to why the form is not visible. Can someone tell me why??

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:49
Assuming you can see the new tab, perhaps its because the subform control is set to visible =false...or perhaps that it contains no data.
If you open the subform independently does it behave as you would expect?

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply!

When I open the form independently, it is as expected. The form is set to visible = yes.

But it maybe because the form control is wrong!!! 🥵😬 Need to rework this!!!

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Yes ….. I did checked that first … I feel I need to go back to the beginning with the form/table relationships and fields to make sure it is the way it is supposed to be.

I will reply the first of the week after I take some time to insure it is as it should be. :unsure: Thanks for the help to this point!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
it is difficult to place controls on a new tab successfully. Often they fall through and get placed on the form behind. Have a look and see if your subform is not actually on the Tab, but on the form itself underneath the Tab control.

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Okay …. I check that …. Thanks again , be back in a day or two.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:49
also make sure to set the Forrm's Allow Addition to Yes.

danbl

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks to everyone who replied! I checked the things you said and they were set the way you said they should be. The problem seems to be the control source was wrong!! How stupid on my part!!:mad::mad: I should have checked this first.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Glad you've solved it. Not sure what the 'control source was wrong' means but the important thing is you have a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom