New Record selector not available (1 Viewer)

cclark9589

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:23
This has simply got me stumped and I'm sure it's something that is right in front of my face and well of those, "Well, duh" sort of things but I'll be darned if I can figure this one out.

I have one database, time and billing, that stores information regarding jobs we do. After a job is done, an invoice has been created so we may bill it out to the respective trust. Currently once all that is done I have to manually input certain information into an Excel spreadsheet for status reports. What I'm trying to do is incorporate that process in my database.

I would prefer to store the status information in a separate database from the time and billing mainly because I see them as two separate, yet related functions. What I want to do is once a job is completed and billed, from that job I want to click a button that will then open a form (preferrably in the status DB) whereupon I then enter the needed information for the status reports.

I have one table, tbl_Status in the new DB. I have linked 4 other tables in the time and billing DB: Employers, Employees, Jobs and Trusts. In the Status DB I've also created queries for each trust as not all trusts require the same information plus their fund names may differ slightly.

When I click the button on the job form in the time and billing DB I want the status input form specific for that particular trust to open. When it opens certain information from the Jobs form will be copied to populate certain fields in the status form and I then enter other information.

I manually entered some status information for just two jobs so that I had some information to work with. I then created a query and then created a form based on that query. The form opens and the data I have manually entered in the tbl_Status appears but, two things are happening.
  1. I cannot change any of the information for either of these two jobs that I manually entered into tbl_Status unless I go to the table to do so.
  2. The New Record selector is not active. I cannot create a new record in the form and can only cycle through the two records but only the one time.
I've compared my property settings on the form to other forms in other DB's and have the same settings. I've tried using subforms, etc. Nothing is working and I'll be darned if I can figure this out.

I've searched the forum but can't find anything that even gives me a clue. I've attached a screen shot of my form and objects (subform is not being used at this time) Any ideas?

I'm sure it is some simple thing that will make me feel dumber than usual. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cclark9589

Registered User.
Local time
I guess that makes sense but where do I find that property at? In Design I don't see any property setting to make it read-only nor do I see one in the form properties. Where might that be?

cclark9589

Registered User.
Local time
Told you I'd get that "Well, DUH" feeling.

I didn't notice the link before, noticed it and gee what's the first thing I saw? GROUP BY! I did have that due to one of the fields, removed that field and what do you know? It works!

Ok, now that I feel dumb all over I think I'll run to the store, come home and watch the Seahawks get their butts whooped and then wonder why I wasted my time watching a local team getting embarrased yet again!

Thanks for the clue

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Glad it helped. I hope they win for you, since they're not playing the 49ers or Raiders!

Dairy Farmer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:23
Maybe they would play a bit better if they changed the colour of their uniform. They all look like they are wearing full body Speedos. Guess that is fitting for Seattle weather.

At least the Springboks just bet Ireland on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom