New Table in Access (1 Viewer)

swarv

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:47
Hi,

I have to create a new table in access which is fine. But i want it linked to the SQL database. My other tables are. When I copy one of the other tables and then paste as a new name it doesn't show on the SQL server.
How can I get this to show?
Thanks

Martin

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:47
How does the SQL server know that you are creating a new table? if you have an existing table in SQL that you wish to link, have you linked via Get external data>Link Tables?

Your post doesnt tell us much

ggeorgej.jackson

Local time
Today, 03:47
Good question. I am also waiting for answer of this question

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:47
Hi,

I have to create a new table in access which is fine. But i want it linked to the SQL database. My other tables are. When I copy one of the other tables and then paste as a new name it doesn't show on the SQL server.
How can I get this to show?
Thanks

Martin

While an SQL Server Back End lets you share data in the same manner as an MS Access Back End, they are not the same. With the MS Access Back End, to share a new Table, al you need to do is copy it to the Back End and create a Link to it. SQL Server does not work the same way. In order to add the Table to the Back end, a new Table will need to be created on the SQL Server and your data will need to be copied into it. If you do not have Access to the SQL Server and permission to create new Tables, then you will need to have someone do this for you.

-- Rookie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom