Newb in need of some serious help in table design (1 Viewer)

alleny87

Local time
Today, 12:57
I'm relatively new to access, i have used and edited other databases, but this is my first attempt at creating my own.

Im in the Military, and i am trying to create a database to track all my soldiers, and their different certifications and qualification and when they all expire.

SO i made a table with these columns:
Rank, Last Name, First Name, Platoon, Phone Number, DOB

I populated it with 75 different names. But i need to be able to track about 12 different certifications for each soldier, then pull a report to give me a list of every soldier and list 1 certification and when they expire, like weapon certification.

Do i make new tables for each certification? if so how do i link the data in that table to one name in the personnel table.

or just new columns on each name for each certification?

I have a database put together already but its not working for my needs :banghead:, so i a, attempting a redesign. any help would be appreciated. im operating out of access 2010 at work and 2013 at home.

catalin.petrut

Never knowing cleric
Local time
Today, 21:57
I suggest a structure like the one in the attach. Because a certification has a many to many relation with the soldier.
Feedback?

Attachments

• military.accdb
    488 KB · Views: 74

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:57
I suggest a structure like the one in the attach. Because a certification has a many to many relation with the soldier.
Feedback?
Can you post a copy in A2003 mdb format.

catalin.petrut

Never knowing cleric
Local time
Today, 21:57
2003 mdb for some of the users.

Attachments

• military.mdb
    268 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom