Newbie... Need help with database! (1 Viewer)

B

BlindActions

I have an old database that would come in handy as a membership roster, but if someone drops out, how do I delete them from the database? I tried deleting the fields, but the blank form is still there. Also, I would sure like to add a search feature so I could go directly to an individual without scrolling through all the names. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

I've included a link to it below:

http://blindactions.com/temp/ALR.zip

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:54
Hi

If you open the form in design view and select the form properties, goto the "Format" tab and change Record Selector from "NO" to "YES".

This will then give you a bar on the left hand side of your form while you view it. If you select the bar and hit delete it will allow you to delete the current record shown on the screen.

I hope this is what you wanted.:p

Robert88

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:54
I suggest that you mark the member as a "drop out" and not delete them to retain their history. Just create a new Yes/No table field "ActiveMember" and let the user mark the member Yes/No if they are active or not.

Searching the forum is a great way to discover and learn the answers to your Access programming questions.

hotski

CT Web Site Design
Local time
Today, 15:54
drop out

that is a great idea, now why did I not think of that. I maintain a database of memberships for a chamber and that would be perfect. Thanks Ghudson

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:54
BlindActions,

Here is your database back after I have made some changes.

You can now "Delete" (Move) members and Re-install them (move them back).

Hope this helps with your project.

Last edited:
B

BlindActions

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I'm new to Access, and learning to use it is a lot easier with the help of knowledgeable friends.

The suggestion to archive rather than delete is brilliant. That way a member can be reinstated without filling out all the fields again.

John A, Thank you for going through the trouble and taking the time to actually modify my original database for me. I envy your talent.

What a great place to visit and learn. :)

Thanks,
Thom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom