Newbie Question re: "#Deleted" (1 Viewer)

Sailor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:48
Hello, All:

I am coming fairly quickly up to speed on Access (I hope), but hit roadblocks from time to time. I researched this question, but was unable to find a definitive answer. I appeal to the Access pros.

I am doing some intensive work on a form and deleted a record for the first time using my form's delete button.

The two tables that had been populated with information from that record are tblSailor which has a 1:many with tblAT (annual training). The idea being that each sailor has the potential for many trainings each year.

The fk in tblAT is SSN.

When I "whacked" a sailor's record, it left behind, instead of a nice clean delete, lots of "#Deleted"s in the tblAt. This suggests to me a RI problem. In the relationships view, I have ticked all three RI options which is to say 'Enforce,' 'Cascade Update,' 'Cascade Delete.'

Questions.

1) Is #Deleted a definite sign that a RI problem exists, or does Access work like this for some reason?

2) What is the usual cure, if this is indeed a problem beyond messing up my beautiful table!? :) Does this symptom have a definitive cause?

Many thanks for your thoughts and patience.

John

Sailor

Registered User.
Local time
Re: Re: Newbie Question re: "#Deleted"

Sorry - I hate to parade my ignorance, but could you give me a little of your thinking behind the recommendation?

Are you saying that you think this is not an RI problem?

mission2java_78 said:
You may have to requery the form.

Me.Requery

Sailor

Registered User.
Local time
Database.

Errr...that didn't work so well. My database zipped is about 3MB. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
M

mission2java_78

Sailor said:
Database.

Errr...that didn't work so well. My database zipped is about 3MB. Am I missing something here?

There is no reason that you should post your db. Try requerying the form.

Jon

Sailor

Registered User.
Local time
Ahhh...I was trolled, perhaps? I had no objection to posting it, since there's only dummy data in the thing.

mission2java_78 said:

Jon

Sailor

Registered User.
Local time
Done. It works.

:genuflecting:

mission2java_78 said:

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom